JBGMusic is a simple and friendly player for your Joomla site. It uses standard HTML5 player as a backbone, no frills, no complication, extremely lightweight.
- Continous play between page loads
- Shuffle play
- Loop play
- Volume control
- Fast forward
- Next Track
- Prev Track
Here is a view of the backend of JBGMusic, this is the backend of the player on the top.
In Chrome and Edge, (as of June 2020) is more forgiving, user interaction within the domain site is necessary for it to start, but once started autoplay continues even on other page loads.
Firefox is less forgiving, and requires user interaction with the page for every page load to autoplay the audio.
JBGMusic watches out for these events and will resume play once user interaction has been detected within the document.
However, we only tested the extension on the latest Chrome 83, Firefox 78 and Edge 83 browser on a Windows 10 machine.
Audio is one of those things that annoy users when they are browsing, so take note of the following:
- Be mindful of your target audience and the probable type of music/sound they will hear
- Avoid extremely loud audio or sound.
- Avoid using too high fidelity audio as this requires a larger file which affects the loading of the page.
- Try to avoid harsh language in your audio/sound as not offend your audience.
There are several reasons why the extension will not appear on my site:
- The position is not part or visible in the template page
- Menu assignment has not been issued, by the default the extension is not assigned to any menu item
Should you decide to redo your Joomla site, all you have to do is paste the license key in the extension and it should work
Things to consider before generating your license key:
- Check your spelling before pressing the submit button.
- Only generate license for your production site.